Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: What surrounds work best with VOTT

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: What surrounds work best with VOTT

    Interesting! I've been around in this field longer than them, yet have never seen/heard of them. Seems like if they were any good sonically or at least a good bang/buck option that someone would have recommended them long before now on at least one of the HT forums I browse.

    Regardless, thanks for sharing!

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What surrounds work best with VOTT


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: What surrounds work best with VOTT

    I was surprised when I heard them as well. Then I did some research and found this article in Stereo Review from back in the 90s:

    Audio Cinema 650 Review

    I believe at the time they were made on Long Island. It seems they moved away from audio and gotten heavily into HT these days.

    My ears have become rather spoiled listening to Altec gear for the past few years. But these produce a very relaxed, pleasing sound with a killer stereo image and yield a useable 40Hz at 91dB sensitivity. They do a really nice job with the 18W or so from the Scott 299.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.